Mampoer Championships 2022 June 27, 2022
Want to Import Distilling Equipment? Do your Homework! January 14, 2021
How to fix a Mechanical Seal on a Boiler Agitator March 30, 2020
Articles Relating to Distilling Equipment Supplied by Distillique
The Section for additional information and instructions regarding Distillique Equipment, Consumables and Instruments.
What Equipment do I need for a Commercial Craft Distillery?
Distillique strives to be a one-stop shop for all your needs - both as a Home or Hobby Distiller, or as a Commercial or Craft Distiller. This does not, unfortunately, mean that we will be the cheapest for every single piece of equipment. Yes, some pieces of equipment you will probably source cheaper at a specialist supplier, but the overriding factor for most of our clients is that in dealing with us, they have one installer, one service provider, one maintenance and support provider, and it is our job to make sure that everything works together like it is supposed too.
Distillery Equipment can be categorized in the following Groups:
- Raw Material Processing Equipment
- Conversion Equipment
- Fermentation Equipment
- Distillation Equipment
- Post Distillation Equipment
- Bottling Equipment
- Material Handling Equipment
- Automation Equipment
- Laboratory Equipment
What do I need to know to Design a Distillery?
The 5 questions we always ask a potential Commercial Craft Distillery Client, or even a Home Distiller, are:
- What product or products do you intend to produce? (This determines the type of equipment needed)
- What raw material(s) do you intend to use? (This determines the type of equipment needed)
- How many days per week do you intend to work initially? (This determines the size of the equipment)
- How many bottles per month do you intend to produce initially? (This determines the size of the equipment)
- How many bottles per month do you intend to produce eventually? (This allows us to design a Distillery using a phased or staged approach - allowing for quick and easy expansion and growth, for the lowest possible additional investment).
onKULTUUR STOKERS GILDE MAMPOERFEES 2 JULIE 2022, MET MAMPOER-KAMPIOENSKAPPE OP DONDERDAG 30 JUNIE 2022. Inleiding: Ons nooi alle Kultuurstokers en Artikel 116 Stokers in Suid Afrika om deel te neem aan die Nasionale Mampoerkampioenskappe te Willem Prinsloo Landboumuseum, (Ditsong) Rayton Pretoria, vanaf 28 Junie tot 2 Julie 2022. Die doel van die Mampoerfees is om die kwaliteit van die drank wat deur bogenoemde gestook...
onIf you would like to import distillation equipment yourself, please make sure you do your homework well! Is it Cheaper to Import a Still myself? A client recently claimed that: "I can import it myself at much less than what you're selling it!". Off-course this was a big concern for us and we did some investigation. The claim presented seemed to be factually correct ...or...
onAt first glance, the mechanical seals on bigger boilers with agitators may seem ""over complicated"". Once you understand them, it however, makes perfect sense. Lets start with an explanation on how the mechanical seal works. The seal consists of two main parts: A locking collar and a rotating seal holder. The shaft from the electric motor connects through the centre...
onFrom time to time Clients contact us with a question relating to the different readings obtained when using both a Refractometer and a floating SG Hydrometer in the same liquid. These readings can be quite far apart and we should be aware of that and the reasons behind it. The general “truth” that more dense liquids have greater Refractive Indexes (i.e. sugar...