RD-116's tolerance of high sugar musts and high alcohol concentrations makes it very suitable for the production of full-bodied red wines destined for wood maturation. RD-116 promotes blackberry and blackcurrant aromas in Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon, and red berry aromas in Merlot..
Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rum, or any red berry fruits.
- For fermentations smaller than 100L: 1 gram per 1L
- For fermentations larger than 100L: 30 grams per 100L
- Min temperature: 13 °C
- Max temperature: 28 °C
- Cold tolerance: 11 °C (ideal for cold soaking)
- Alcohol tolerance: 16 % v/v
- Osmo-tolerance: 26 brix
- Fermentation kinetics/rate: Very strong fermenter - cold fermentation is advised
- Nutrient demand: Medium
- Volatile acidity production: Generally lower than 0,3 g/L
- Species: S. cerevisiae