This yeast strain is selected to produce rum and other cane-based spirits. Isolated in a tropical region from cane molasses, this strain demonstrates high temperature tolerance.
Used for cane-juice based spirits and molasses.
- For fermentations smaller than 100L: 1 gram per 1L
- For fermentations larger than 100L: 40 – 60 grams per 100L
- Min temperature: 25 °C
- Max temperature: 35 °C
- Cold tolerance: 18 °C
- Alcohol tolerance: 16 % v/v
- pH range: 3.3 - 5.3
- Fermentation kinetics/rate: Moderate fermentation rate
- Nutrient demand: High
- Volatile acidity production: Moderate production
- Species: S. cerevisiae