"Add" product to basket to see price. (You can always delete it again)
There is a very good reason why there are hundreds of different yeast strains commercially available (and an unknown quantity of wild yeast strains!)
Broaden your knowledge with Distillique's Yeast training courses.
This course allows you to start cultivating (capturing, isolating and propagating) your own yeast. Suitable for craft brewers and distillers alike.
• Yeast capturing, selection, propagation and applicable techniques.
- Safety precautions.
- Aseptic technique
- Capturing wild yeast
- Identifying and isolating strains
- Agar plate use
- Slant preparation and use
- Making a starter
- Propagating in stages
- Yeast quality tests
- Viability tests
- Vitality tests
- Lab setup
- What every lab needs
- How set up your own yeast lab
Receipt of your payment will confirm your seat reservation for the course. Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course fee includes:
- Course material
- Consumables used during the course
- Use of laboratory equipment during the course
- Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
- Light lunch (Please inform us of any special dietary requirements)
Starts at 09h00 until approximately 16h00 with lunch at 12h00
View the training calendar for all training courses.
Distillique Offices in Centurion