The new Customs and Excise Rules (Act 91 of 1964) (Including amendments published up to 8 February 2019) require the following from Article 116 Manufacturers:
116.02 A manufacturer of excisable goods solely for own use, who is registered as contemplated in item (i) of paragraph (a) of rule 116.01, must –
(a) keep detailed records in respect of the –
(i) description of any goods manufactured and stored;
(ii) description of any manufacturing and storage processes;
(iii) capacity of any manufacturing plant and equipment;
(iv) capacity of any storage facility and equipment;
(v) monthly register of any goods manufactured that reflects the –
(aa) opening stock at the start of the month;
(bb) quantities manufactured and stored;
(cc) quantities used and purpose of use;
(dd) quantities removed and purpose of removal;
(ee) quantities lost or destroyed and the reason; and
(ff) closing stock at the end of the month; and
(b) keep available the records contemplated in paragraph (a) for a period of at least five years after the date of manufacture for inspection on demand by an officer.
The Home Distillers Record Book makes this process easy and effortless.
- It already contains Descriptions of all possible goods the Home Distiller may choose to manufacture.
- It already contains Descriptions of all Manufacturing and Storage Processes the Home Distiller may use.
- It already contains Description Lists for the Manufacturing Equipment that the Home Distiller can populate.
- It already contains Description Lists for the Storage Equipment that the Home Distiller can populate.
- It already contains an entire years’ worth of Distillation Records (assuming one distillation per week), which allows for Fermentation Recipes, Fermentation Tracking, Distillation Records, Ginning Recipes and Records, Spirit Enhancement Records, and much more.
- It already contains a full Distillation Register that can link to the individual Record Sheets.
- It already contains Stock Registers for Yeast, Enzymes, Nutrients, Alkalines, Acids, Sugar, Fruit, Grain, Molasses or Sugar Cane Juice, Vegetables, Neutral Spirit and Other Raw Materials that can link to the individual Record Sheets and the Distillation Register.
In the end, the Home Distillers Record Book fulfils the need of the Home Distiller to be both legally compliant, and more precise in what he or she is doing – making great spirits.
THIS PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE IN HARD COPY EXCLUSIVELY AND NOT DIGITALLY
THE FORMAT, LAYOUT, CONCEPT AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THIS RECORD BOOK IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF DISTILLIQUE BEVERAGES PTY LTD