Never polish your copper still again!
Treat your copper ware with the amazing CoppaShine solution.
The CoppaShine treatment will bring old tarnished copper back to life and protect it against future oxidation, tarnish and corrosion for years if not physically removed.
CoppaShine is a tough, very durable clear coating that will seal and protect copper that get a lot of use. CoppaShine will keep your copper ware looking freshly polished! It is a clear coating that is practically invisible even on highly polished copper.
Fingerprint staining on your copperware will be a thing of the past. One 50ml bottle of CoppaShine will treat about 1 square meter of copper.
Do the CoppaShine treatment as follows:
- Remove all dirt and wipe the copper with a slight acid wash (i.e 5ml of citric acid to 1 litre of water) until the copper looks "pinkish"
- Neutralize the acid on the pot with a base wash (i.e. 10ml bicarbonate of soda)
- Polish the copper with a polishing treatment (i.e. "Brasso")
- Remove all polishing residue by alcohol/xylene rinse/wipe
- Allow copperware to dry from alcohol rinse/wipe
- Apply the CoppaShine to your copper still in an even layer (use a folded cloth to slightly wipe the solution evenly onto the copper surface). Do not apply pressure.
- Allow the CoppaShine to cure for at least 1 hour.
- Add another layer CoppaShine.
- For very hard wearing surfaces (i.e. a copper basin for dishes) apply 4 coats in total
- Allow to cure fully (from 3 to 5 days). The copper ware may be used within a few hours after the last application but will take up to 5 days to fully cure.
After the CoppaShine treatment you should only use a mild soap solution and a soft cloth for cleaning spills and dirt from you copper.
DO NOT use Cleaning solutions such as "Handy Andy", "Brasso" or similar cleaning products on CoppaShine treated copper. It will physically remove the CoppaShine layer.
CoppaShine can be removed from the Copper by physically scratching, polishing, scuffing of the copper surface and by using xylene or other similar solvents.
On copper stills, we do not recommend to treat the inside of the copper pot, swans neck and condenser as, on the inside, the copper still needs to react with the mash and steam to remove sulphides.
More on CoppaShine:
CoppaShine is a one part clear coating consisting of a proprietary blend of polymer resins to protect Copper from tarnish, oxidation and UV degradation.
- - It has excellent adherence to copper and can only be removed by physical removal or certain solvents like Xylene.
- - It is suitable for use in-house, outside and even on submerged copper surfaces.
- - It does not turn yellow when exposed to heat.
- - It remains flexible and will not peel, crack or chip.
- - It is NOT a varnish, a lacquer or a type of poly-urethane coating
- - It is 100% safe to use on, for example copper bracelets to prevent your arm from going "green-blackish"!
Storage of unused CoppaShine:
CoppaShine can be stored for years in a glass container with a metal cap. Do not store or pour CoppaShine in plastic containers. The plastic will contaminate the CoppaSHine and may render it ineffective thereafter.