This still is delivered in wooden crates with ample polystyrene and shredded paper to prevent breakage. However, care should be taken when unpacking the still.
As assembling the still is quite intricate, and definitely not straight forward, we have included assembling (2-days) and delivery (to main centra) in the price. Outlaying areas (as defined by "The Courier Guy") will incur additional costs. If you decide to assemble the unit yourself, there will unfortunately be no warranty on the unit.
During assembling, the following is performed:
1. Framework is built where the still should stand
2. All components are assembled, fitted and secured in place with each seal checked and adjusted individually.
3. The unit will be plugged into your 32A 220V power supply
4. The heating bath will be filled with water and an alcohol/water solution added into the reactor(boiler).
5. The unit will then be switched on and tested for leakages, correct auto-switch off tested and checked for other areas of functioning.
6. You will be guided as to the programming of the auto-switch and other controls.
For installation you should provide:
1. Level concrete floor surface where still is to be installed.
2. Electrical wall plug (220V, 32A) within 2m from Still electrical control box
3. 2 x A-frame ladders (3.4m) for use during the installation
4. Additional items (if required) as listed hereunder
Not included in the price: (as this might vary depending on the purpose of distillation):
1. Coolant supply (for main condenser)- in Most cases cool water (i.e. <20C) might be sufficient (i.e. municipal water inlet and water drain outlet)
2. Coolant supply (for cold trap) - for potable alcohol distillations, this can again be just cold water, but for extreme cases ethylene glycol (freezes at -12C) or even propylene glycol (freezes at -59C) might be used. With these extreme temperatures and distillations, care should be taken not to have a temperature dropping rate of more than 20C per hour to prevent temperature differential stresses in the glassware of the cold trap.
3. Vacuum pump or water aspirator (depending on your requirements). To select a suitable pump/water aspirator, two parameters are to be known: Maximum vacuum you will require (Usually measured in Torr) and the evacuation rate of the pump (Usually specified in Liter/Minute).
This rate will depend on the required speed of distillation and also the volatility of the liquids involved.
We would be able to assist you in specifying and acquiring the required vacuum source. On non-alcoholic vacuum/extreme distillations we may however charge a fee to perform the necessary research and perform the required calculations (it can get very tricky!)
4. Travel and accommodation (2-nights) for two installation technicians.
Now you can distil all those weird, wonderful, exotic and even the mundane components, aromas and fractions found, not only in spirits, but also in natural extractions of botanicals, resins and all things that "smell" and have "taste"!
Be prepared to move beyond your comfort zone in true adventure style. It's a whole new world of flavours, aromas and all things weird and wonderful!