The reflux extension is designed to allow for purer spirit production, especially when producing neutral spirits. The extension pipe is filled with copper mesh to absorb any sulfites that was not absorbed by the copper alembic head, as well as providing additional reflux.
The reflux condenser is controlled by the pneumatic needle valve to allow control over the amount of reflux during the run.
This kit contains:
- 1.5 inch extension pipe (400mm)
- 1.5 inch small reflux condenser (120mm)
- 1.5 inch thermowell with 1/2 inch female BSP
- Analog thermometer
- Copper mesh (500g)
- 1.5 inch clamp x 3
- 1.5 inch seal x 3
- Blue and red water pipe 3 m
- Pneumatic Elbow x 2
- Pneumatic needle valve x1
- Pneumatic Y-connector x 2
- The copper mesh should be cleaned on a regular basis to remove any sulfite build up (black/blue color). This can be done by dissolving a decent amount of citric acid (10-20g/L) in water and allowing the copper to soak overnight.