During steam distillation of botanical material, the distillate will contain at least two parts: Essential oils and the Hydrosol. In most cases the top layer will be the essential oil layer and the bottom layer will be the hydrosol (depending on the density of the oil). These two layers can easily be separated using this separation funnel.
Using the glass separation funnel:
- Before use, remove the plastic tap from the funnel.
- Lubricate the outside of the plastic tap with a small amount food grade grease or petroleum jelly.
- Place the tap back into the funnel.
- Repeat the lubrication process once you feel the tap is not opening and closing smoothly. If these taps are not lubricated on a regular basis they could become stuck inside the funnel. These taps may NEVER be forced open as they could cause the spout of separation funnel to break.
You might also like:
Terms and conditions:
Distillique maintains a policy of non-refund or replacement for items damaged during the shipping process. Each glass item undergoes thorough inspection at our warehouse prior to dispatch. Consequently, Distillique disclaims responsibility in the event that the client receives the item in a damaged condition. Should you wish to have glass items shipped, please be advised that additional packaging charges will be applicable. To accommodate this, kindly add the "packaging fee" for each glass item in your order, as these specialized packaging materials are not incorporated into our standard product pricing. If you have any trouble adding this charge to our order, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to amend your invoice.
- 7 working days lead time applicable should the item be on pre-order/back order.