B1 - Craft Distillery Business Planning Workshop
This workshop will allow you to gain the knowledge you need to compile your own small craft distillery business plan for profitable operations. Become the owner of a profitable craft distillery in your area - Book now and learn how.
We don't ask for a credit card number - you pay us from your own bank account.
We use only well known couriers with tracking numbers to deliver your order to your doorstep.
This two day interactive workshop will allow you to gain the knowledge you need to compile your own Craft Distillery Business Plan and Cash-flow Budget, determine the Breakeven and ROI (return on investment) targets for your Craft Distillery, as well as the funding requirements for your Craft Distillery.
During this workshop, there is sufficient time to discuss specific individual requirements while still benefitting from interaction and synergy between participants.
PLEASE NOTE: The C1 - Introduction to Distilling Course, or any other Distillation Course done in the past, is a recommended for attendance to this course.
- National Liquor Products Act
- National Liquor Act
- Requirements during Product Development
- Identifying the Right Location (Zoning, Business Rights, Size, Peripherals)
- License Application Process
- Micro Liquor Manufacturing License
- Provincial Distribution License
- National Distribution License
- On Premises Consumption License
- Off Premises Consumption License
- Inspections (Building, Health and Safety, Fire and Police)
- National Liquor Authority (NLA)
- South African Revenue Service (SARS)
- Primary Manufacturing, Secondary Manufacturing and Bonded Warehouses
- Department of Agriculture (DAFF)
- Certificate for Safety for Human Consumption Application Process
- A-Number Application Process
- Product and Label Approval Process
- Standard Distillery Workflow
- Distillery Area Designations
- Equipment Requirements
- Sample Distillery Designs
- Practical Distillery Case Studies
- Additional Factors to Consider
Success in Craft Spirits
- What is Craft Spirits?
- Characteristics of Highly Successful Craft Distilleries
- Personal Requirements to be a Successful Craft Distiller
- Financial Feasibility Study of your Craft Distillery
- Complete Cash Flow Analysis
- Sample Cash Flow Analysis for different types of Craft Distilleries
Craft Distillery Business Plan Template
- Target Market Differentiation
- Market Research Strategies
- Brand and Brand Identity
- The Importance of "Story"
- Marketing Strategies
- Route to Market
- Brand Assets
- Festivals and Events
- Supply Chain
- Capacity Management (Labour, Equipment and Energy)
- Legislative Adherence
- Record Keeping
- Risk Management
RECEIPT OF YOUR PAYMENT WILL CONFIRM YOUR SEAT RESERVATION FOR THE COURSE
Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Please bring a laptop with you, with Office and PDF Software.
Course Fees include:
- Course Material (USB with all applicable Legislation, Forms, Excel Sheets, Tools, Reference Information, etc.)
- Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, soft-drinks, water)
- Lunch (Please inform us of any dietary requirements)
- Starting time 7:30 for 08:00 until approximately 17:00 every day with lunch between 12:00 and 13:00, for five consecutive days.
As this course is presented during the normal work week - please be aware of traffic on the way to the Training Facility and allow accordingly in your travelling time.
View the training calendar for all training courses.