This online course covers everything you need to know in order to work with Botanicals and do infusions. You will learn to make Gin - the most common Spirit Category where these techniques are used, but the same techniques may also be applied to Spiced Rum, Liqueurs, Spirit Aperitifs and other Infused Spirits.
PLEASE NOTE: The focus of the course is Gin - the techniques may however be applied elsewhere.
Learners from outside South Africa:
To ship your printed course manual to your physical address, it costs us quite a bit more.
Please use this link for ordering the course on the international platform and to pay through PayPal.
Learners inside South Africa and Namibia:
During the Course you will cover in-depth the following Master Principles, both in theory and practice:
- Steam Infusion - Creation of Flavored Spirits through the process of Steam Distillation or Vapor Infusion
- Sensory Analysis - Training and Using your sense of Taste and Smell
- Spirit Blending - Mixing Spirits in a Scientific and Controlled fashion in order to create repeatable Recipes and Processes
- Dilution - Dilution of Spirits down to Legal Minimum Strength
- A History of Gin
- Garnishing of Gin
- Gin Production Process
- Feedstock for Gin
- Base Spirits for Gin
- Botanicals for Gin
- Ginning Methods
- Flavoring Runs
- Sweetening Methods and Levels
- Maturation Methods
- Naming a Gin
- Categorization and Naming based on Production Processes
Creating a Gin Flavour Profile
- Communicating a Flavour Profile
- A Classification Methodology for Gin
- Tasting and Classifying Gin according to the Methodology
- Sensory Analysis and Tasting
- Utilisation of the Classification Methodology for Market Research and Product Development
Creating and Using a Flavor Library
- Making Infusions
- Blending Flavours
- Creating a Single Shot Recipe
Spirit Enhancement in Gin
- Techniques Relevant to Gin
Course Fees include:
- Course Material in printed format couriered to you.
- Access to our video based online training platform for 90 days
- Access to the discussion forums (with each lesson where applicable) to share information with other course attendees
- Access to download the presentation slides for each lesson (where applicable)
Once we received your payment, you will received an email with an online training link to start your course.
You would require:
- Good Internet connection
- Preferably a laptop or desktop PC with sound to view the videos (Smartphone screen just too small)
- Pen and paper to take your own notes
- You can pause, rewind and replay a video to make sure you do not miss an important part.
Unfortunately none of the online courses can be canceled after a voucher number or link has been emailed to you.