C1 - ONLINE - Introduction to Distilling (Distilling Theory)
NOW AS AN ONLINE VIDEO BASED COURSE - Previously a 1-day classroom based course.
Obtain a complete Theoretical Overview of Fermentation, Distillation and Spirit Enhancement during a (typical) one day Theoretical Class.
We don't ask for a credit card number - you pay us from your own bank account.
We use only well known couriers with tracking numbers to deliver your order to your doorstep.
This course is now online and available form our Internet learning platform.
Once we receive your payment, a printed course manual will be couriered to you with a voucher number (local in South Africa) and a link where you can start your online training.
This course will allow you to understand and be familiar with the basics of distilling, know the terminology that it used, learn about different types of stills and much more.
Spirit Production Overview
- Alcoholic Beverages, Feedstocks and Method Examples
- The Role of Geographical Naming Differences
- Legislation for Home Distilling
- Legislation for Commercial Distilling
- Safety during Distilling
- Responsible Drinking
- Fermentable and Non-Fermentable Sugars
- Starch Conversion
- Types and Roles of Enzymes in Distillation Fermentations
- Congener Formation and Control
- Fermentation Components
- Sugar Measurements and Sugar Calculations
- Yeast and Yeast Requirements
- Successful and Failed Fermentations - Trouble Shooting and Fixing
- What is Distillation?
- Distillation Physics
- Use of the Phase Diagram during Distillation
- Development of Still Types
- The Role of Copper in Stills
- Heads, Hearts, Tails and other Fractions
- Effect of Boiling Rate on Fractions
- Fractional Distillation or Precision Distillation
- Spirit Enhancement
- Simple Enhancement Techniques
- Enhancement by Removal
- Enhancement by Addition
- Enhancement by Removal
- Enhancement by Transformation
Course Fees include:
- Printed course manual couriered to you
- Downloadable presentation slides)
- Access to the learning platform with access to the full set of training videos
You would require:
- Good Internet connection
- Preferably a laptop or desktop PC with sound to view the videos (Smartphone screen just too small)
- Pen and paper to take your own notes
- You can pause, rewind and replay a video to make sure you do not miss an important part.
Unfortunately none of the online courses can be canceled after a voucher number or link has been emailed to you.
You might also like