Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of distillation with our comprehensive C1 training. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned enthusiast, this session covers the essential fundamentals that lay the foundation for crafting exceptional spirits.
Spirit Production Overview
- Alcoholic Beverages, Feedstocks and Method Examples
- The Role of Geographical Naming Differences
- Legislation for Home Distilling
- Legislation for Commercial Distilling
- Safety during Distilling
- Responsible Drinking
- Fermentable and Non-Fermentable Sugars
- Starch Conversion
- Types and Roles of Enzymes in Distillation Fermentations
- Congener Formation and Control
- Fermentation Components
- Sugar Measurements and Sugar Calculations
- Yeast and Yeast Requirements
- Successful and Failed Fermentations - Trouble Shooting and Fixing
- What is Distillation?
- Distillation Physics
- Use of the Phase Diagram during Distillation
- Development of Still Types
- The Role of Copper in Stills
- Heads, Hearts, Tails and other Fractions
- Effect of Boiling Rate on Fractions
- Fractional Distillation or Precision Distillation
- Spirit Enhancement
- Simple Enhancement Techniques
- Enhancement by Removal
- Enhancement by Addition
- Enhancement by Removal
- Enhancement by Transformation
Course Fee Includes:
- Course material
- The use of training equipment (to be used during training)
- Coffee, Tea, Cold drinks
- Light Lunch
All students need to be here by 8 am and the course will start at 8:15 am up to 4 pm. End times may vary
If you attend from far and would like some accommodation, do contact the Three Olives Guest House. We can recommend them!
Bookings, Confirmation and Cancellations
Please note that there are a limited number of seats available for this course. Your seat will only be reserved upon receipt of your payment.
In the case that the minimum required seating is not filled within 14 days of the scheduled course date, Distillique will re-schedule the course to another date.
Distillique Classroom Training - Terms and Conditions
Cancellation Fees: Distillique will not assume any responsibility for, and shall not be liable for, cancellation fees related to other services such as travel and accommodation incurred by the customer in connection with the course.
Photographic Consent: The customer agrees that any photos taken during the course may be used by Distillique for promotional and marketing purposes. If the customer prefers not to be included in photos, they should inform the course facilitator in advance.
Liability for Injuries: Distillique is not liable for any injuries that may occur on the premises during the training. Attendees are responsible for their own safety, and any injuries sustained are not the responsibility of Distillique.
Assumption of Risk: Attendance at this course and the application of knowledge acquired during the course are entirely at the attendee's own risk. Distillique assumes no liability for the use or misuse of the information provided.
By enrolling in Distillique's Classroom Training, the customer acknowledges and agrees to these terms and conditions.
If you are traveling from locations beyond Pretoria and are seeking accommodations for an overnight stay, we highly recommend the Three Olives Guest House which is located about 4km from our training facility. For booking inquiries, kindly reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Karin directly at email@example.com.
For more training related information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org