Great for adding pleasant citrus and floral notes to fruit wines fermented from fruit juice/must. Suitable to leave sediment during racking for development of also ripe, spicy notes.
- Low sugar (<15 Brix) fermentations: 0.3g per liter
- Higher sugar (15 to 30 Brix) fermentations: 0.5g/liter
- (When making small fermentations (i.e. < 25L) double up on the above dosages
- Rehydration in must is not advisable.
- Rehydrate icv-d47 in 5 times its weight of water at 40°c. Let stand for at least 20 minutes then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps. Add to the must.
- The total rehydration duration should never exceed 45 minutes
- Avoid cold shocking the yeast. The temperature drop between the must to be inoculated and the rehydrated yeast should be less than 10 degree C.
- It is essential to rehydrate the yeast in a clean container.
- Alcohol tolerance: up to 14% abv
- Fermentation rate: Moderate
- Lag phase: short
- Low Nitrogen requirement
- Low production of acetaldehyde
- Low production of volatile acidity
- SO2 production: very low final level at the end of fermentation
- Production of H2S : low
- Low foam formation
- Fermentation temperature: 15-20C
This item has a 2 week waiting period from date purchased.