This premium still is brazed (instead of using copper rivets) to ensure a 100% seal on all copper joins.
The Bain Marie alembic pot stil has a water bath/jacket incorporated into its design and is used for the distillation of high quality essential oils, herb infusions, fruit brandies and schnapps.
Fruit mashes have a tendency to burn when subjected to direct heat due to the high surface temperatures and the resultant distillates may have a bitter or burnt aftertaste.
With the Bain Marie Alembic heat transfer takes place through the hot water in the outer chamber of the still, in this way the temperature in the inner chamber remains uniform and never exceeds 100º Celsius, which is ideal for the distillation of fruit mashes and herbs.
The same principles that applied to the distillation of alcoholic spirits may be used for the distillation of essential oils. These systems may operate at a slower rate but the benefits are improved quality and rectification of the distillate.
Terms and conditions:
- These stills are only manufactured on demand and a lead time of 2-3 months may apply. Please send an email to email@example.com to enquire about the latest pricing and availability.
- A non-refundable 70% deposit is required to order this item, and the remaining 30% should be paid before delivery.
- Shipping is quoted separately.
1. Fill the water to approximately 2/3rd of the height of the water jacket
2. Make sure that the filling hole on top is OPEN (Never close it while boiling - this might cause the water jacket to explode.)
3. When boiling, and steam escapes from the top water filling hole, turn down the gas flame to allow only a small amount of steam (or no steam) to escape. Any additional heat will only generate more steam, but will not lead to faster distilling or a quicker "bring to boil" times.
4. Make sure that the water in jacket does not boil dry - there always must be some water in the water jacket.