Turbo yeast (for 20L) with nutrients
A very quick acting, super high alcohol yield yeast with nutrients for sugar washes and quick fruit fermentation washes.
Ideal for "sugar only" washes. A turbo yeast without the hassles. May also be used for quick fermentation of fruit washes.
This Turbo yeast mix (108 gram) will ferment a pure sugar wash to 18%-20% alcohol within 2-5 days! Never been easier or quicker.
- Dissolve 7.1kg of sugar into 6.4 litres of hot water. Make sure the sugar has completely dissolved before continuing.
- Top up to 20 litres with cold water.
- Make sure the liquid temperature is below 39 Degree C then add the Black Label Turbo yeast to the wash.
- Continue to stir until no more yeast particles are visible.
- Allow to ferment between 20 and 30 degree C air temperature for 3-6 days or until SG< 1.000. (The lower the temperature the longer it will take)
- For a PURE fermentation do not allow the temperature to exceed 30 degree C
Reflux still: Distill the mash with a SLOW boiling rate and high purity setting. Filter distillate through a charcoal activated filter to provide a "smooth" excellent vodka.
Pot still distillation: Distill the wash a first time and dilute the distillate with about 50% distilled water. Distill it now again filter it through an activated charcoal filter and dilute the end product to 35 - 50%abv with distilled water.
If you're using a stainless steel pot still - you might have to perform the charcoal filtration another two or three times to rid it of any off-odours.