W5 - ONLINE High Brix Raw Material Course (Light / Gold / Dark / Spiced Rum)
This online Course covers everything you need to know in order to work with High Brix Content Raw Materials for Distillation purposes - specifically Molasses. You will learn to make Light, Gold, Dark and Spiced Rum - not just from Molasses but from Cane Juice as well, and Master the Principles involved with High Brix Content Raw Materials.
Please note that the C1 - Introduction to Distilling Course, or any other Practical Workshop completed in the past, is a prerequisite for attendance.
NOTE: You have 3 months access to complete the course - after that extensions are available on a month to month basis.
We don't ask for a credit card number - you pay us from your own bank account.
We use only well known couriers with tracking numbers to deliver your order to your doorstep.
This online course will enable you to utilise and High Brix Content Raw Material for either your final Product (in the case of a Rum Style Product) or for your base spirit (in the case of a contemporary Gin).
PLEASE NOTE: The C1 - Introduction to Distilling Course, or any other Distillation Course done in the past, is a prerequisite for attendance to this course.
Learners from outside South Africa:
To ship you printed course manual (i.e. more than 700 pages on C10) to your physical address, it costs us quite a bit more.
Please use this link for ordering the course on the international platform and to pay through PayPal.
Learners inside South Africa and Namibia:
During the Course you will cover in-depth the following Master Principles, both in theory and practice:
- Fractional Distillation - Selecting Desired and Undesired Aroma's and Tastes during Distillation
- Sensory Analysis - Training and Using your sense of Taste and Smell
- Dilution - Dilution of Spirits down to Legal Minimum Strength, as well as working with High Brix Content Raw Materials (Molasses and Honey)
Light, Dark and Spiced Rum Overview
- Differences between Light, Dark and Spiced Rum
- A History of Rum
- Regional Differences in Rum
- Rum Methodology
Unique Aspects of High Brix Content Raw Material Fermentations
- Sugar Source Selection
- Sugar Source Calculation
- Sugar Source Preparation
- High Brix Content Raw Material Fermentations
Distilling a High Brix Content Raw Material Fermentation
- Using Anti Foaming Agent
- Applying Fractional Distillation to Non Fruit Fermentations
Spirit Enhancement in Rum
- Techniques Relevant to White, Gold, Dark and Spiced Rum
Course Fees include:
- Course Material in printed format couriered to you.
- Access to our video based online training platform for 90 days
- Access to the discussion forums (with each lesson where applicable) to share information with other course attendees
- Access to download the presentation slides for each lesson (where applicable)
Once we received your payment, you will received an email with an online training link to start your course.
You would require:
- Good Internet connection
- Preferably a laptop or desktop PC with sound to view the videos (Smartphone screen just too small)
- Pen and paper to take your own notes
- You can pause, rewind and replay a video to make sure you do not miss an important part.
Unfortunately none of the online courses can be canceled after a voucher number or link has been emailed to you.