W5 - Light and Dark Rum Practical Workshop
Learn to make your very own light and dark rum in one simple course!
A fun day learning how to make light and dark rum ... and then make it!
• Infusions and Aging – Adding flavour to spirits naturally
• Rum overview
• Rum facts and history
• Distilling safety
• Distilling legalities in South Africa
• The process and options
• The Choice … Light, Dark or Spiced Rum
• Working with Sugar Cane and extracts
• Making sugar fermentations work
• Practical Fermentation
• Distilling methods and suitable still types
• Practical Distillation
• Aging of Rum
**RECEIPT OF YOUR PAYMENT WILL CONFIRM YOUR SEAT RESERVATION FOR THE WORKSHOP**
Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course Fee Includes:
• Course material
• Use of copper still during distillation
• Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
• Lunch Platters (Please inform us of any dietary requirements)
• Starting time 7:30 for 08:00 until approximately 17:00 with lunch at 12h00.
View the training calendar for all training courses.