A fun day learning how to make gin using botanicals ... and then make it!
• Steam Distilling – Extracting flavours from Herbs and Spices (using steam)
• Gin Overview
• Gin facts and history
• Distilling safety
• Distilling legalities in South Africa
• The gin process and options
• Ginning botanicals
• Base spirits
• Ginning methods and suitable still types
• Flavouring runs
• The Method (not well known at all) to produce GREAT gins or jenevers
• Practical Steam Distilling
**RECEIPT OF YOUR PAYMENT WILL CONFIRM YOUR SEAT RESERVATION FOR THE WORKSHOP**
Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course Fee Includes:
• Course material
• Use of copper still during distillation
• Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
• Lunch Platters (Please inform us of any dietary requirements)
• Starting time 7:30 for 08:00 until approximately 17:00 with lunch at 12h00.
View the training calendar for all training courses.
• Distillique Offices in Centurion (View Map) and Cape Town (View map) at Koelenhof