W1 - Brandy / Eau-de-vie Practical Workshop
Learn to make your very own brandy, witblits, mampoer and eau-de-vie – all in one course!
A fun day learning how to make brandy, witblits, mampoer, or eau-de-vie ... and then make it!
• Fractionating – Cutting out bad aromas
• Brandy, Witblits, Mampoer and eau-de-vie overview
• Brandy facts and history in South Africa
• Distilling safety
• Distilling legalities in South Africa
• The Cultural Distillers Guild
• Traditional vs more modern distilling
• Sugar and alcohol calculations
• Basic distilling physics
• Still types
• The basic distillation process
• Alternative distilling processes
• Enhancement after distillation
**RECEIPT OF YOUR PAYMENT WILL CONFIRM YOUR SEAT RESERVATION FOR THE WORKSHOP**
Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course Fee Includes:
• Course material
• Use of copper still during distillation
• Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
• Lunch Platters (Please inform us of any dietary requirements)
• Starting time 7:30 for 08:00 until approximately 17:00 with lunch at 12h00.
View the training calendar for all training courses.