E1-Extraction methods and essential oils
Learn how to extract various substances from botanical materials and make your own essential oils, flavour and aroma concentrates or home remedy extracts and tinctures.
The ideal training workshop if you want to create gin essences, flavour compounds, home remedies/tinctures and distil essential oils on a small scale.
We don't ask for a credit card number - you pay us from your own bank account.
We use only well known couriers with tracking numbers to deliver your order to your doorstep.
Learn how to extract essential oils (and other compounds) from botanical, and other organic material to make essential oils, gin essences, flavour, natural dyes and aroma compounds.
(...and yes, you could use the same techniques to extract cannabis oil if it is legal in your country!)
Flavour and aroma extraction methods
- 1. Overview
- 2. The History of Extracts and Essential Oils
- 3. Safety
- 3.1 Irritation and Allergic Reaction
- 3.2 Toxicity
- 3.3 Perfume Production risks
- 3.4 Flammability and fire risks
- 4. Legalities
- 5. Biological origin of essential oils
- 6. Factors influencing the amount of oil in a botanical
- 7. Extraction introduction
- 7.1 Selecting the extraction method for a particular essential oil:
- 7.2 Temperature impact on essential oils and other influences.
- 7.3 Some terminologies
- 7.4 Solvent selection
- 8. The extraction methods
- 8.1 Enfleurage
- 8.2 Expression
- 8.3 Infusion
- 8.4 Distillation
- 8.5 Vacuum distillation
- 8.6 Soxhlet Extraction
- 9. Storage of essential oils
- 10. Testing of essential oils
- 11. Aroma and Flavour Combinations
- 12. Essential Oil Uses
Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course fee includes:
- Course material
- Consumables used during the course
- Use of extraction equipment during the course
- Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
- Light lunch (Please inform us of any special dietary requirements)
Starting time 8:30 for 09h00 until approximately 16h00 with lunch at around 12h00
View the training calendar for all training courses.
Distillique Offices in Centurion (View Map)