Yeast: Lalvin Rhone 4600 (3kg)
Lalvin Rhone 4600 yeast for fruit wine fermentations - with enhanced fruitiness, pineapple and apricot aromas.
Great for adding pleasant and aromatic fruitiness, pineapple and apricot aromas to fruit wines fermented from fruit juice/must.
- Low sugar (<15 Brix) fermentations: 0.3g per liter
- Higher sugar (15 to 30 Brix) fermentations: 0.5g/liter
- (When making small fermentations (i.e. < 25L) double up on the above dosages
- Rehydration in must is not advisable.
- Rehydrate in 5 times its weight of water at 35-40°c. Let stand for at least 20 minutes then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps. Add to the must.
- The total rehydration duration should never exceed 40 minutes
- Avoid cold shocking the yeast. The temperature drop between the must to be inoculated and the rehydrated yeast should be less than 10 degree C.
- It is essential to rehydrate the yeast in a clean container.
- Alcohol tolerance: up to 15% abv
- Fermentation rate: Moderate
- Lag phase: very short
- Low Nitrogen requirement
- Low production of acetaldehyde
- Low production of volatile acidity
- SO2 production: moderate
- Low foam formation
- Fermentation temeratures: 13-22C
This item has a 2 week waiting period from date purchased.