Turbo yeast (for 200L) and nutrients
A super fast high alcohol yield turbo yeast and nutrients suitable for fermenting sugar washes and quick fruit fermentations.
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Ideal for very high alcohol "sugar only" washes. A turbo yeast without the hassles. May also be used for quick fermentation of fruit washes.
This Turbo yeast mix ( 1 Kg ) will ferment a pure sugar wash to 18-21% alcohol within 2-5 days! Never been easier or quicker.
- Dissolve 71.4kg of sugar into 64 litres of hot water. Make sure the sugar has completely dissolved before continuing.
- Top up to 200 litres with cold water.
- Make sure the liquid temperature is below 39 Degree C then add the Black Label Turbo yeast to the wash.
- Continue to stir until no more yeast particles are visible.
- Allow to ferment between 20 and 30 degree C air temperature for 3-6 days or until SG < 1.000 (The lower the temperature the longer it will take)
- Provide for cooling the fermentation. (cooling coil or regularly add frozen bottles of water to the wash). The 200L will VERY ACTIVELY "BOIL" and generate heat.
- For a PURE fermentation do not allow the temperature to exceed 30 degree C
- For a really fast fermentation, ferment between 30 and 35C - and distill the wash slowly at a %abv > 94%.
Reflux still: Distill the mash with a SLOW boiling rate and high purity (%abv) setting (ideally above 92%abv). Filter distillate through a charcoal activated filter to provide a "really smooth" excellent vodka.
Pot still distillation: Distill the wash a first time and dilute the distillate with about 50% distilled water. Distill it now again, filter it through an activated charcoal filter and dilute the end product to 35 - 50%abv with distilled water.
If you're using a stainless steel pot still - you might have to perform the charcoal filtration another two or three times to rid it of any off-odours.
No customer reviews for the moment.