Yeast: Lalvin ICV - D80
Lalvin ICV-D80 for fruit wine fermentations- with enhanced grain tannin and liquorice notes.
Warning: Last items in stock!
On the palate it creates high fore-mouth volume, big mid-palate mouthfeel, an intense, fine-grain tannin sensation and a long lasting licuorice finish.
- Fermentation temperature: 20 – 28 C
- Fast fermentation, with proper temperature control
- Cold tolerance: 18 C
- Sugar tolerance: 22 Brix
- Alcohol tolerance: 16% at 25 C
- Foam production: Low
- Volatile acid production: Low
- SO2 production: low
- Nitrogen requirement: Low
- Rehydrate the yeast in 10 times its weight in diluted must (around 7 Brix) at 35 C
- Let stand for 20 minutes
- Gently stir to break up any clumps
- Cool the rehydrated yeast to within 10 C of the must
Must may be added in small volumes to cool
- Add the mix to the fermentation
- The rehydration period should never exceed 45 minutes
- Rehydration must be carried out in a sanitised container
No customer reviews for the moment.