Anchor Alchemy I - 100g
A blend of wine yeast strains, selected to enhance fruity and floral flavours in white wines, particularly in the form of esters. Aromas include granadilla, gooseberry, grapefruit and mango.
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Dosage: 20 g/hl (100 g sufficient for 500 l)
Description: A blend of wine yeast strains, selected to enhance fruity and floral flavours in white wines, particularly in the form of esters. Aromas include granadilla, gooseberry, grapefruit and mango.
- Fermentation temperature: 13 – 16 C
- Fast fermentation, with proper temperature control
- Cold tolerance: 12 C
- Sugar tolerance: 25 Brix
- Alcohol tolerance: 15.5% at 15 C
- Foam production: Low
- Volatile acid production: Low
- SO2 production: None to low
- Nitrogen requirement: Low to average
- Killer factor: Positive and negative for different strains in the blend. Propagation is strongly discouraged, as killer sensitivity differences will distort the ratio of the strains.
- Rehydrate the yeast in 10 times its weight in diluted must (around 7 Brix) at 35 C
- Let stand for 20 minutes
- Gently stir to break up any clumps
- Cool the rehydrated yeast to within 10 C of the must
o Must may be added in small volumes to cool
- Add the mix to the fermentation
- The rehydration period should never exceed 45 minutes
- Rehydration must be carried out in a sanitised container
No customer reviews for the moment.