Anchor Alchemy I - 100g
A blend of wine yeast strains, selected to enhance fruity and floral flavours in white wines, particularly in the form of esters. Aromas include granadilla, gooseberry, grapefruit and mango.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Dosage: 20 g/hl (100 g sufficient for 500 l)
Description: A blend of wine yeast strains, selected to enhance fruity and floral flavours in white wines, particularly in the form of esters. Aromas include granadilla, gooseberry, grapefruit and mango.
- Fermentation temperature: 13 – 16 C
- Fast fermentation, with proper temperature control
- Cold tolerance: 12 C
- Sugar tolerance: 25 Brix
- Alcohol tolerance: 15.5% at 15 C
- Foam production: Low
- Volatile acid production: Low
- SO2 production: None to low
- Nitrogen requirement: Low to average
- Killer factor: Positive and negative for different strains in the blend. Propagation is strongly discouraged, as killer sensitivity differences will distort the ratio of the strains.
- Rehydrate the yeast in 10 times its weight in diluted must (around 7 Brix) at 35 C
- Let stand for 20 minutes
- Gently stir to break up any clumps
- Cool the rehydrated yeast to within 10 C of the must
o Must may be added in small volumes to cool
- Add the mix to the fermentation
- The rehydration period should never exceed 45 minutes
- Rehydration must be carried out in a sanitised container
No customer reviews for the moment.