760L Hybrid glass column still
760L of pure beauty, style and grace. Awesome or what?
Warning: Last items in stock!
- High production capacity still designed as a multi-product still for:
- Producing pot distilled spirits (i.e. high aromatic spirits brandy, whisky, rum, etc)
- Producing low aromatic spirits (i.e. low aromatic brandy, whisky, light rum)
- Return on Investment: < 6 months (making Gin from 50% abv diluted neutral spirits, 1 batch per day, R10.00 per bottle amortisation)
- Superb as a high capacity ginning still.
Produces more than 1000 bottles per batch run in 6-7 hours when using 50%abv dilluted neutral spirits for gin. (1 hour to bring to boil and 5-6 hour spirit run at slowest setting (1 element running).
This magnificent piece of art consists of:
- Copper top pot still with 760L (operating) capacity (880L total pot volume). Bottom and sides Stainless steel.
- Large glass manhole
- Electrically heated 45kW, 380V (3-phase). Switchable 3 -level power. Heating elements switchable between direct heating and S/Steel pocketted heating elements.
- Agitator 60rpm 550W, cycloidal reduction gearbox (View this video to see how it works). Superb heat distribution (no more thermoclines) with the agitator directly above the heating elements.
- Copper alembic hood (slow reflux) with 8-inch connection to pot, 4-inch sightglass and thermowell
- Still glass column 12-inch diameter, 6 copper bubble plates, large main reflux condenser. A full copper column with full CIP per plate is optinally available. Please enquire about pricing.
- Ginning head: Glass with copper sieve botanical chamber - easy to open from top. (by setting main reflux to 100% you can even refill the ginning head during a batch distillation)
- Large condenser for sufficient cooling even under hot weather conditions.
- Integrated CIP (Clean-in-place) system - push a button and flip a lever for easy cleaning!
- Multiple temperature gauges
- Distilling parrot with glass anti-evaporation dome
- Control box.
- 2900mm tall
- Footprint: 2310mm x 1300mm
You provide electricity and cooling water to the still and we do the delivery, setup, installation and still operation training (included in price within South Africa to main centra) - easy as that! For re-circulating cooling water, consider a decent cooling tower.
70% deposit on order and 30% with delivery.
Delivery: 3-4 months after receipt of order deposit.
Discount may apply with a longer waiting period - i.e. when we can ship multiple stills at a time. Ask about this when ordering.
Is this just not awesome for running a serious Gin distillery?
Photos during the manufacturing of this still:
No customer reviews for the moment.