W1 - Brandy / Eau-de-vie Practical Workshop
Learn to make your very own brandy, witblits, mampoer and eau-de-vie – all in one course!
Warning: Last items in stock!
A fun day learning how to make brandy, witblits, mampoer, or eau-de-vie ... and then make it!
• Fractionating – Cutting out bad aromas
• Brandy, Witblits, Mampoer and eau-de-vie overview
• Brandy facts and history in South Africa
• Distilling safety
• Distilling legalities in South Africa
• The Cultural Distillers Guild
• Traditional vs more modern distilling
• Sugar and alcohol calculations
• Basic distilling physics
• Still types
• The basic distillation process
• Alternative distilling processes
• Enhancement after distillation
• Brandies from the world – tasting (Dependant on availability of representative)
Receipt of your payment will confrm your seat reservation for the course. Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course Fee Includes:
• Course material (laminated summary in flow diagram format)
• Use of copper still during distillation
• Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
• Lunch Platters (Please inform us of any dietary requirements)
• Starts at 08:00 until approximately 17:00 with lunch at 12h00.
View the training calendar for the brandy, witblits, mampoer, eau-de-vie making workshops.
|2||10%||Up to R 420.00|
|4||20%||Up to R 1,680.00|
No customer reviews for the moment.