W22 - Vacuum distilling
Learn how to distil with a vacuum still and disover it's hidden abilities ... in a one day practical workshop.
Warning: Last items in stock!
A fun day learning how to distil with a multi-column still to get the most from the multi-columns.
• Preserving delicate temperature sensitive aromatics.
o Welcoming and Introduction of Participants
o Workshop programme and structure
o Scope of this workshop
o Distilling safety - and especially for vacuum stills
• The anatomy of a vacuum still an dthe purpose of each component
• Temperature control (only possible in vacuum distillations)
o Boiler temperatures and pressures
o Vapour temperatures and pressures
o Coolant temperatures and pressures
• Input variables and their impacts
o Coolant water flow - main/reflux condenser (dephlegmator)
o Coolant water flow - spirit condenser
o Cold-trap cooling importance and heat input control
• Practical distillation on a vacuum still (small experimental still and larger vacuum still)
o Filling a still
o Setting up a vacuum still and coolant flows
o Starting heat and vacuum to bring to boil
o Adjustment when boiling starts
o Equalising/stabilizing your column
o The heads
o Volume calculations for receivers
o Opening vacuum stills and shutting down procedures
• Conclusions, Q&A and discussions
Receipt of your payment will confrm your seat reservation for the course. Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course Fee Includes:
- Slideshow handouts
- Nosing/Tasting of different products distilled
- Use of vacuum stills during distillation
- Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
- Light Lunch (Please inform us of any dietary requirements)
• Starts at 09h00 until approximately 16h00 with lunch at 12h00.
View the training calendar for the Plate Column Operations workshops.
• Distillique Offices in Centurion (View Map)
No customer reviews for the moment.