W21 - Multi-column Operations
Learn how to distil with a multi-column still and disover it's hidden abilities ... in a one day practical workshop.
Warning: Last items in stock!
A fun day learning how to distil with a multi-column still to get the most from the multi-columns.
• Setting multi-column controls for various spirits and adjusting reflux and ABV for various aromatic levels.
o Welcoming and Introduction of Participants
o Workshop programme and structure
o Scope of this workshop
o Distilling safety
• The anatomy of a multi-column still
• Distilling methods
o Selecting vapour paths
o Impact of number of plates on distillation
o Continuous releasing
• Temperature and abv interpretations
o Boiler temperatures
o Vapour temperatures
o Coolant temperatures
o Temperature differentials B-V
o Temperatures and percentage abv relationships
• Input variables and their impacts
o Coolant water flow - main/reflux condenser (dephlegmator)
o Coolant water flow - spirit condenser
o Heat input
• Practical distillation on multi-column still
o Filling a still
o Setting up a still column and coolant flow
o Starting up and bringing to boil
o Adjustment when boiling starts
o Equalising/stabilizing your column
o The heads
o Stepped distilling
o Continuous release distilling
o Working with CIP (Clean-in-place) features of multi-column stills
o Shutting down and precautions
• Conclusions, Q&A and discussions
Receipt of your payment will confrm your seat reservation for the course. Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course Fee Includes:
• Nosing/Tasting of different products from same raw materials
• Use of multi-column still during distillation
• Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
• Light Lunch (Please inform us of any dietary requirements)
• Starts at 09h00 until approximately 16h00 with lunch at 12h00.
View the training calendar for the Plate Column Operations workshops.
• Distillique Offices in Centurion (View Map)
No customer reviews for the moment.