E1-Extraction methods and essential oils
Learn how to extract various substances from botanical materials and make your own essential oils, flavour and aroma concentrates or home remedy extracts and tinctures.
The ideal training workshop if you want to create gin essences, flavour compounds, home remedies/tinctures and distil essential oils on a small scale.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Learn how to extract essential oils (and other compounds) from botanical, and other organic material to make essential oils, gin essences, flavour, natural dyes and aroma compounds.
(...and yes, you could use the same techniques to extract cannabis oil if it is legal in your country!)
Flavour and aroma extraction methods
- Course overview
- History of essential oils
- Biological origin of essential oils
- Extraction introduction
- Selecting extraction method
- Temperature impact
- Solvent selection
- The Extraction methodsAmbient pressure infusions
- Pressure infusions
- Butane extraction
- Supercritocal CO2 extraction
- Distillation and extract separation
- Water distillation
- Ethanol extraction distillation
- Vacuum distillation
- Butane extraction
- Soxhlet extraction (using tree gum and wood as practical examples)
- Aroma and flavour combinations
- Blending essential oils
- Practical recipe development
- Essential oil uses
**RECEIPT OF YOUR PAYMENT WILL CONFIRM YOUR SEAT RESERVATION FOR THIS WORKSHOP**
Please note our terms and conditions for training when cancelling a course.
Course fee includes:
- Course material
- Consumables used during the course
- Use of extraction equipment during the course
- Refreshments during course (tea, coffee, cool drink, bottled water)
- Light lunch (Please inform us of any special dietary requirements)
Starting time 8:30 for 09h00 until approximately 16h00 with lunch at around 12h00
View the training calendar for the Various distilling related courses.
Distillique Offices in Centurion (View Map)
|2||10%||Up to R 440.00|
|4||20%||Up to R 1,760.00|
No customer reviews for the moment.