|Thai Blue Pea flowers is perhaps one of the greatest additions to a craft gin that you can make. Turn an ordinary Gin into a colour changing Gin (and its healthy too!).|
Thai blue pea flowers can be used to add colour to your:
Gin, Lemonade, Tea, Food, Water
|HOW TO USE:|
Select your liquid of choice and steep the dried flowers in the liquid for a few hours. Heating up the liquid will speed up the process. The liquid can even be boiled for really fast colour extractions.
|To make a colour changing Gin:|
Distill your gin as usual. Steep the required amount (experiment beforehand with amounts and steeping times) of Thai blue pea flowers in the gin (at high proof or already diluted) until the required colour depth is achieved. Filter the gin and discard the solids.
Colour changing Gin - as easy as that!
|A wonderful refreshing Thai Blue Pea Lemonade recipy:|
1. Add three cups of water in to a saucepan.
2. Add 1 cup of white sugar (or honey)
3. Apply heat and stir 1/2 cup of Thai blue pea dried flowers into the sugar water.
4. Bring to the boil and remove heat while stirring occacianally for 10-20 minutes to cool down.
5. Filter/strain through fine sieve
6. Allow sugary part to cool down and store in fridge
1. Add 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice to 2 cups of water
2. Cool down in frdige
1. Fill a tall glass with crushed ice or ice cubes
2. Add the sugary part to fill glass about half way
3. Pour the acidic part into the glass
4. Watch the magic colour changes.
5. Stirr well for a refreshingly healthy lemonade drink.
Add two tots of your favourite gin - to turn this into an Old Tom style sweet Gin cocktail.
|Apart form it's colour changing magic, Thai Blue pea flower extract has MANY proposed attributed health benefits:|
1. As memory enhancing nootropic
2. Improve eyesight and ophthalmic health
3. Improve skin conditions
4. Pain relief
5. Boosting immunity
Thai blue pea is also known as Asian pigeonwings, Blue pea and its botanical name (Clitoria Ternatea) is sure to become a discussion point after a few drinks!
Google it! It is awesome to see the various aesthetic uses as well as the health benefits ascribed to thai blue pea flowers.
|Get your sample today |
experience the magic!
No customer reviews for the moment.