Vacancy: Spirit, Perfume and Essential Oils Distiller
Spirit, Perfume and Essential Oils Distiller – Distillery - Vaal Dam area
Experience country life with this live-in position, distilling gin, perfume and essential oils in a Distillery that forms part of a unique 4-star country Homestead, Wellness, Conference Centre and Labyrinth. Live-in is an absolute necessity.
The premises is located on a game farm on the banks of the Vaal Dam.
This is a position for someone prepared to go the extra mile. The position is from 1 January 2017.
The owners are ideally looking for a live-in couple, where one partner is a qualified and experienced distiller and where the other partner is a qualified and experienced boutique hotel and wellness centre / spa manager.
The distiller is required to assist with the overall management of the distillery, shop, tasting room, the creation of our own unique signature gin, other products as well as bespoke botanically infused gin products, essential oils and perfumes. In addition, the distiller will be expected to host unique tasting, gin and food pairing, as well as training sessions, corporate and other events.
Experience in spirit or essential oil distillation required
Relevant tertiary qualifications (please indicate relevancy with references to specific subjects)
The owners will only respond to your application if you can show the following:
- A CV with a solid track record in distillation with a stable work history
- A recent photograph is to be attached
- Proven experience in distillation of spirits, essential oils and perfumes
- Relevant Tertiary degree
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Knowledge and experience in the factory management of ethanol, with distillation management.
- Ability to train, develop and supervise staff
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Non-negotiable: The candidate needs to be responsible and meticulous
- Own transport
- Ability to speak English, with Afrikaans
- A minimum of three good references, contactable with telephone numbers.
If you have not heard from the owners within a week of submitting your CV, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Competitive live in salary.
- The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for distilling
- Have high standards of analytical work, discipline, time keeping, cleanliness and safety at work
- Be prepared to work weekends, public holidays and the hours typical of this industry.
- Management of all functions concerning production facilities and production needs of the distillery.
- Responsibility for the overall quality of all products distilled and blended in order to produce a final product (gin, essential oils and perfumes) with a superior quality, aroma and palate.
- Total management of the production facility including:
o Laboratory Management
o Product design and development
o Quality management of all processes
- The continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of the production of various products
- Exploring new creative directions, utilizing new trends and technologies in the alcohol manufacturing industry.
- Developing and improving systems to achieve better alcohol conversion yields and to obtain superior products.
- Implementation and maintaining the necessary ISO standards – ISO documentation and conformance to standards to achieve high audit results.
- Liaison with auditors
- Manage safety and security – particularly in the production, storage and handling of Ethanol and to be fully aware of the government regulations pertaining to Spirits and fuels.
- Take action upon any environmental, health and safety matters
- Manage general operational maintenance, cleaning and servicing of distillery equipment.
- Management of infrastructure and maintenance of all infrastructure.
- Healthcare – reviewing healthcare facilities and evacuation arrangements
- Environmental Health – waste, sanitation, mosquito and pest control
- Logistics and procurement
- Third party contractors – control of building contractors and professional advisors
- Management of all licencing, regulatory and excise requirements.
- Document control and Record Keeping
- Keep high standards of analytical work
- Manage storage and dispatch of product
- Assist in achieving the Distillery annual output targets
- Marketing, updating websites, social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and marketing reports. This includes promotions, identification of potential new revenue streams.
- Development of relationships with third party buyers, industry specialists and experts – in both the gin and alcohol spheres, as well as in the cosmetics, essential oils, perfumery and wellness industries.
- Prepare monthly income / expenditure figures
- Invoicing, processing payments and filing
- Planning, financial controls and management reporting. Budget and forecast creation.
- Management of CAPEX programmes
- Management of the apothecaries (gin and essential oils), tasting room, training room and cigar lounge and wellness centre.
- Hosting of unique tasting, gin and food pairing, launch of wellness products, as well as corporate, client and other events.
- Development and facilitation of training sessions on botanicals, the distillation of gin, essential oils, perfumes and bespoke gin and wellness products.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to: email@example.com with the subject: Distillery Vacancy
It will be directly forwarded from Distillique to the owners of the centre.