Distillique requires a practical, hands-on mechanical engineering wizzard!
We will teach you distilling principles and practices and you bring your CAD (AutoCad Inventor) and practical Engineering skills to play with us.
- Design distillery related equipment and tooling with local manufacturing in mind
- Produce component manufacturing and equipment assembly drawings
- Compile bill of materials
- Manage drawing library
- Liase with manufacturers an sub-contractors
- Assist in quality assurance during manufacturing
- Assist in quality control when receiving manufactured components
- Identify components for self-manufacturing
- Manufacture some components inhouse
- Be the BEST distillery designer you can be!
Your technical experience:
- 3D CAD (AutoCad Inventor) design experience
- Design experience to include:
- Sheet metal design for fabrication/manufacturing purposes
- Sanitary systems (i.e. for dairy, beverage or pharmaceutical equipment)
- Welded assemblies
- Boiler and column design
- Component and complete assembled machine designs
- Basic instrumentation design
- Electrical control box design
- Some experience in:
- Sheet metal work
- Milling/turning/boiler making
- Mechanical engineering qualification (B.Eng or B.Tech) and proven experience
- Experience with quality assurance/control practices
- Fanatic attention to design detail
- Project management skills
- MS Windows and Office proficient.
Your personality requirements:
- You are an easy going, non-aggressive, pleasant and likeable person to work with
- Self-assured without being arrogant
- Feel comfortable in your own skin
- Take responsibility for your work and yourself
- Be proud of your achievements
- Feel comfortable in a small business
- Feel comfortable working in an Afrikaans environment
- Attention to detail when communicating
- Diligent and energetic
- Plan well and work according to planned target dates.
- Definitely no criminal record
- Own car and valid driver’s license
- Must speak and write good Afrikaans and English
- A pleasant, stimulating and interesting work environment. (We think so)
- Great colleagues to work with! (We know so)
- A non-grumpy boss. (...don't believe everything you hear)
- Leave according to labour law. (...and sorry, you must take it - the law says so)
- Negotiable salary/benefits dependent on applicable experience.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com including the following:
- A design of an interesting component/part/equipment/assembly that YOU have designed (in pdf format)
- Copy of mechanical engineering qualification/s
- Work history with contactable references
- Hobbies and personal interests
- Recent photograph
- Your expected salary requirements.
- Do good to our AWESOME customers
- Make a profit if we can
- Have fun and learn.
The application process:
Distillique will evaluate all received CVs (received up to 20 February 2017) and then:
- compile a candidate list based on CVs only,
- send a short design challenge to the listed candidates and compile a short list of candidates,
- interview short listed candidates and then
- decide on appointing an appropriate (if any) candidate.
Beautiful things to design and build.